Moore & Van Allen PLLC is pleased to announce that Chambers & Partners has ranked seven firm practice groups and 26 firm attorneys in the 2019 edition of its legal directory Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
Moore & Van Allen’s Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Corporate/M&A and Real Estate practice groups earned Band 1 top-tier recognition in the 2019 directory, which was released on April 25. Additionally, the firm’s Intellectual Property and Litigation practice groups, along with the finance arm of the firm’s Real Estate group, were ranked in this year’s guide.
In addition to Moore & Van Allen’s practice group rankings, Chambers & Partners recognized the following 25 attorneys as leaders in their respective practice areas for North Carolina recognition and one attorney for USA – Nationwide recognition:
- Edward P O’Keefe, Member – Financial Services Regulation: Banking (Compliance)
- Richard (Rick) M. Bange III, Member – Corporate/M&A
- Carol Ewald Bowen, Member – Healthcare
- Jefferson (Jeff) W. Brown, Member – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
- David L. Eades, Member – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Jeffrey (Jeff) W. Glenney, Member – Real Estate
- Jeremy H. Godwin, Member – Corporate/M&A
- Stephen E. Gruendel, Member – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Arlene D. Hanks, Member – Intellectual Property
- Charles (Charlie) J. Harris, Member – Banking & Finance
- Richard J. Hazlett, Member – Banking & Finance
- Stephen (Steve) D. Hope, Member – Corporate/M&A
- James (Jim) W. Hovis, Member – Banking & Finance
- Dickson M. Lupo, Member – Intellectual Property
- Valecia M. McDowell, Member – Litigation: General Commercial
- Karin M. McGinnis, Member – Labor & Employment
- Peter J. McGrath Jr., Member – Environment
- Wayne McKinzie, Member – Banking & Finance
- James (Jim) P. McLoughlin, Jr., Member – Litigation: General Commercial
- Thomas (Tom) L. Mitchell, Member – Banking & Finance
- Thomas (Tom) D. Myrick, Member – Litigation: General Commercial
- Christopher (Chris) Oates, Member – Real Estate
- Alan W. Pope, Member – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Charles (Trey) R. Rayburn, Member – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Christopher D. Thompson, Member – Real Estate: Finance
- James R. Wyche, Member – Corporate/M&A
Chambers USA annually ranks leading law firms and lawyers in a wide range of practice areas across the nation. The rankings and accompanying editorial commentary are based on in-depth, client-focused research. Chambers’ findings are used widely for referral purposes. Moore & Van Allen’s complete list of 2019 rankings can be found here, and additional information on Chambers can be found here.
Neil Bloomfield has more than a decade of experience advising major financial institutions, and other highly regulated entities in responding to government investigations, including responding to global investigations into LIBOR and other reference rates, foreign exchange trading, and the allegations raised by the Panama Papers. He also frequently advises clients as they implement programs to comply with regulatory requirements, including requirements created by Recovery and Resolution Planning and CCAR. View Mr. Bloomfield’s full bio.